Thursday, April 13, 2006

 

Crocheting an Afghan

This has been a hobby of mine since I was ten years old. My grandmother taught my cousin and I how to crochet. When I was in 4-H as a child, I won a lot of events that I entered with the things that I crocheted

You will need to choose the color of yarn that you want to use.
You will need a crocheting hook
You will need to chain 150 stitches.
Turn and in the fourth stitch; slip stitch this will make a double stitch out of the three chained stitches.
Then you will add four more double crochet stitches in the same stitch; this will look like a shell when you are finished.
Count over 2 stitches and slipstitch in this spot.
Count over 2 stitches and made a shell in this spot. (A shell is 5 double stitches together)
Repeat steps six and seven across the rest of the rows.
Turn and repeat until you get the size of afghan that you want. You will need to put a trim on you afghan. This just makes the afghan look better.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?