Friday, July 28, 2006

 

How to Get Children to Behave

By Sheila

Spanking, time-out, or go to your room, it’s all a matter of what works with your child and no one knows your child better than you.
In my opinion a spanking never hurts a child (if it is done in the right way). I’m not talking about beating or slapping, but a good old fashion butt warming.
How many times do you punish your child by sending them to their room? Guess what, that’s exactly where most children like to go. In their room most of them have a television set, VCR, games, music, computer, and a soft place to lie down with their feet up. Hey, if they are confined to their room there are no chores to do.
As for “time out”, who spends the most time in “time-out” you or your child? You are kept busy seeing that they stay in “time-out” mode that you don’t get much else done. To me this would be sooo stressful.
So, I say spank their bottoms, give them a light chore to do, and go on your way with whatever you were doing. This works for me and my children.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?